Oxygen maintenance contractor removed at Sushruta
New Delhi: Weeks after four people died following failure of oxygen supply in Sushruta Trauma Centre, Delhi Government Monday removed the existing oxygen maintenance contractor and deployed nine technicians from another hospital to ensure fool-proof oxygen supply.
Delhi Health Minister AK Walia said the Government is strengthening the Sushruta Trauma Centre to make it an important facility for instant care of critical patients.
"The government has appointed a new contractor for maintenance of the gas pipeline as the existing PES Installation Pvt. Ltd. Has been removed because of its unreliable and erring attitude," Walia said.
He said Sushruta Trauma Centre is also getting due attention of the government as nine technicians from Lok Nayak Hospital has been deployed at the Centre to ensure proper services including oxygen supply.
"The government has taken all steps to avoid recurrence of past incident," Walia said.
Four people died after oxygen supply in the ICU failed for 12 minutes at the hospital in December last year and services of two doctors were terminated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?