Oxygen maintenance contractor removed at Sushruta
New Delhi: Weeks after four people died following failure of oxygen supply in Sushruta Trauma Centre, Delhi Government Monday removed the existing oxygen maintenance contractor and deployed nine technicians from another hospital to ensure fool-proof oxygen supply.
Delhi Health Minister AK Walia said the Government is strengthening the Sushruta Trauma Centre to make it an important facility for instant care of critical patients.
"The government has appointed a new contractor for maintenance of the gas pipeline as the existing PES Installation Pvt. Ltd. Has been removed because of its unreliable and erring attitude," Walia said.
He said Sushruta Trauma Centre is also getting due attention of the government as nine technicians from Lok Nayak Hospital has been deployed at the Centre to ensure proper services including oxygen supply.
"The government has taken all steps to avoid recurrence of past incident," Walia said.
Four people died after oxygen supply in the ICU failed for 12 minutes at the hospital in December last year and services of two doctors were terminated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!