Pak envoy Salman Bashir calls on President Pranab
New Delhi: Outgoing Pakistan High Commissioner Salman Bashir today paid a farewell call on President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
"The High Commissioner thanked the President for the cooperation extended to him by the government of India. The High Commissioner conveyed the greetings and good wishes of the leadership and people of Pakistan and their sincere desire to forge better relations between the two countries," a spokesperson for the Pakistan High Commission said.
The spokesperson said Mukkerjee "reciprocated the sentiments and lauded the services of the High Commissioner (Bashir) for improvement of relations (between the two countries)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees