Pakistani Hindus burn effigies of Kejriwal, Sisodia
New Delhi: Several Pakistani Hindus Tuesday burned effigies of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Urban Development Minister Manish Sisodia for failing to rehabilitate them.
Supported by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), the protesters gathered at Jantar Mantar, where many of them have been camping and raised slogans against Kejriwal and Sisodia before burning their effigies.
"These people have been protesting for months and are forced to spend their nights in camps, braving the winter chill. Kejriwal and his government is just not bothered about them," Rajeev Gupta, a VHP representative, told a news agency.
According to Gupta, there are over 800 refugee Hindus staying in temporary camps built by the VHP at five different locations of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka