Pakistani Hindus burn effigies of Kejriwal, Sisodia
New Delhi: Several Pakistani Hindus Tuesday burned effigies of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Urban Development Minister Manish Sisodia for failing to rehabilitate them.
Supported by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), the protesters gathered at Jantar Mantar, where many of them have been camping and raised slogans against Kejriwal and Sisodia before burning their effigies.
"These people have been protesting for months and are forced to spend their nights in camps, braving the winter chill. Kejriwal and his government is just not bothered about them," Rajeev Gupta, a VHP representative, told a news agency.
According to Gupta, there are over 800 refugee Hindus staying in temporary camps built by the VHP at five different locations of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends