Pakistani Hindus burn effigies of Kejriwal, Sisodia
New Delhi: Several Pakistani Hindus Tuesday burned effigies of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Urban Development Minister Manish Sisodia for failing to rehabilitate them.
Supported by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), the protesters gathered at Jantar Mantar, where many of them have been camping and raised slogans against Kejriwal and Sisodia before burning their effigies.
"These people have been protesting for months and are forced to spend their nights in camps, braving the winter chill. Kejriwal and his government is just not bothered about them," Rajeev Gupta, a VHP representative, told a news agency.
According to Gupta, there are over 800 refugee Hindus staying in temporary camps built by the VHP at five different locations of Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India