Panel to look into role that can be played by DIMTS
New Delhi: Following objections by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) regarding the status of the Delhi Integrated Multi-modal Transit Service
(DIMTS), the state government has set up a panel to look into the role it can play in carrying out transport projects.
To be headed by Chief Secretary Rakesh Mehta, the six- member panel will decide whether the DIMTS, formed as a special purpose vehicle by the Delhi government in 2004, can work as a consultancy or execute the transport jobs.
The panel will submit the report within next month, Mehta said. The decision to set up the panel was taken following a controversy pertaining to the DIMTS that executed
the BRT project.
The CAG had asked the Delhi government whether DIMTS is functioning in the capacity of a private consultant or as a Government undertaking and its role in the Government`s
Mehta said that DIMTS is not an infrastructure company, but was formed with the intention of providing expertise on projects planned by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- GST Bill: World knows which party is running away from debate in Parliament, says PM Modi
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'Sultan' title track packs quite a punch!
- Three candidates interviewed for SBI's MD post
- Awards are an inspiration to work harder: Amaal Mallik
- Former Real Madrid Galactico Michel Salgado signs for the Premier Futsal league