Par panel questions DDA`s monitoring of CWG flats
New Delhi: A Parliamentary panel has
questioned the construction of extra residential flats at the
Commonwealth Games Village even when Delhi Development Authority (DDA) officials had been monitoring the entire
progress of the project.
In its 17th report, the Standing Committee on Urban
Development also expressed dissatisfaction with the DDA
allotment of the CWG Village construction contract to a
private developer who "was not financially strong".
The Parliamentary panel said that during the construction
of the residential complex for the Games, the progress of each
tower was monitored on a real time basis by the DDA.
"The Committee are at a loss to understand as to why
despite such an effective mechanism being put in place, the
complex could not be completed in time," the report said.
"The Ministry`s claim of sound monitoring sounded hollow
when the Ministry of Urban Development itself acknowledged
that the project developer had constructed extra residential
units," the Panel said in its report.
The panel said that it was of the opinion that there "was
deep rooted involvement of the officials in awarding the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday