Par panel questions DDA`s monitoring of CWG flats
New Delhi: A Parliamentary panel has
questioned the construction of extra residential flats at the
Commonwealth Games Village even when Delhi Development Authority (DDA) officials had been monitoring the entire
progress of the project.
In its 17th report, the Standing Committee on Urban
Development also expressed dissatisfaction with the DDA
allotment of the CWG Village construction contract to a
private developer who "was not financially strong".
The Parliamentary panel said that during the construction
of the residential complex for the Games, the progress of each
tower was monitored on a real time basis by the DDA.
"The Committee are at a loss to understand as to why
despite such an effective mechanism being put in place, the
complex could not be completed in time," the report said.
"The Ministry`s claim of sound monitoring sounded hollow
when the Ministry of Urban Development itself acknowledged
that the project developer had constructed extra residential
units," the Panel said in its report.
The panel said that it was of the opinion that there "was
deep rooted involvement of the officials in awarding the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof