Paras’ death: Delhi Police register murder case
New Delhi: Two days after the chopped body of a 23-year-old BBA student, with the head missing, was found near a railway track here, the Delhi Police on Monday registered a case of murder after initially claiming it to be a suicide.
The case, registered under Section 302 following investigations, names the victim’s father-in-law, Satish Mittal. The accused is likely to be summoned for questioning on Tuesday.
As per the preliminary post-mortem report, the body of Paras Bhasin, 23, was cut into pieces by a sharp weapon and not by a train as suspected earlier.
Parts of Paras’ body were found scattered near East Delhi`s Pandav Nagar railway track on Saturday afternoon.
His father Sanjeev Bhasin, a resident of Hari Nagar, had said: "My son left home at around 3.30 pm on Saturday and around 4.15 pm we received a call about his death from an unknown number."
"I rushed to the Pandav Nagar track with my family and informed police," said Sanjeev.
While the police had initially dubbed it as suicide, the victim`s family had claimed that it is a cold-blooded murder and suspected the hand of the family of his girlfriend, whom he alleged married secretly.
"Paras secretly married a girl, who belongs to a rich family and currently stays in Uttar Pradesh`s Ghaziabad, in May against the wishes of her father," said Uday Bhasin, victim`s brother.
"The girl`s father used to threaten Paras to end up the relationship. He also used to call my father to warn Paras," alleged Uday.
Uday said that despite the threats, they married but the girl was living with her family and Paras was living with us as he wanted to disclose their relationship after completing his studies and starting a business.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi