Paras possibly run over by train: Delhi Police
New Delhi: Police on Tuesday said the body of a BBA student, who was found dead on rail tracks in east Delhi, was not chopped off and possibly run over by a train, the impact of which left his body severely disfigured.
The body of Paras Bhasin, 23, was recovered from Pandav Nagar railway tracks on Saturday with police initially claiming it to be a case of suicide. Paras` family, however, alleged it to be a murder case.
Investigators also traced the person who made several calls to his family asking them to come to Pandav Nagar area to get the body of Paras but police said he did not appear to be involved in his death.
The caller was a passer-by who found Paras` ID card lying near his body and then made a call.
A senior police official said the body of Paras was not chopped. "The body was not chopped. His head was intact with the body," the official said when asked about the missing head.
Paras` family had alleged that he could have been murdered by the family of his girlfriend, whom he had secretly married.
They alleged that the girl`s father used to threaten Paras to end the relationship, specially after the girl informed her parents about her marriage last month.
Police said they will question the girl`s family.
"Autopsy report is awaited. We are investigating the matter. We are taking help of the forensic team. The house of Paras` uncle is in Ganesh Nagar, which is near where his body was found. How he reached there is under investigation," Sanjay Jain, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime), said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know