Paras possibly run over by train: Delhi Police
New Delhi: Police on Tuesday said the body of a BBA student, who was found dead on rail tracks in east Delhi, was not chopped off and possibly run over by a train, the impact of which left his body severely disfigured.
The body of Paras Bhasin, 23, was recovered from Pandav Nagar railway tracks on Saturday with police initially claiming it to be a case of suicide. Paras` family, however, alleged it to be a murder case.
Investigators also traced the person who made several calls to his family asking them to come to Pandav Nagar area to get the body of Paras but police said he did not appear to be involved in his death.
The caller was a passer-by who found Paras` ID card lying near his body and then made a call.
A senior police official said the body of Paras was not chopped. "The body was not chopped. His head was intact with the body," the official said when asked about the missing head.
Paras` family had alleged that he could have been murdered by the family of his girlfriend, whom he had secretly married.
They alleged that the girl`s father used to threaten Paras to end the relationship, specially after the girl informed her parents about her marriage last month.
Police said they will question the girl`s family.
"Autopsy report is awaited. We are investigating the matter. We are taking help of the forensic team. The house of Paras` uncle is in Ganesh Nagar, which is near where his body was found. How he reached there is under investigation," Sanjay Jain, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime), said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi