Parents abandon newborn girl in Noida hospital
Greater Noida: A day after she was born, a newborn girl was abandoned by her parents, who left on the pretext of arranging money for payment of hospital bills.
On March 10, the parents told the staff of the hospital in Dadri that they were going to arrange money for payment of bills, District Probation Officer Rajiv Sharma said.
They, however, did not return, leaving the child in the hospital ward, he said, adding the couple was not pressurised for money.
The authorities have appealed to the parents to take back their child within one month, failing which, she will be given to an issueless couple and they will not have any legal right for a claim in future, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!