Parents abandon newborn girl in Noida hospital
Greater Noida: A day after she was born, a newborn girl was abandoned by her parents, who left on the pretext of arranging money for payment of hospital bills.
On March 10, the parents told the staff of the hospital in Dadri that they were going to arrange money for payment of bills, District Probation Officer Rajiv Sharma said.
They, however, did not return, leaving the child in the hospital ward, he said, adding the couple was not pressurised for money.
The authorities have appealed to the parents to take back their child within one month, failing which, she will be given to an issueless couple and they will not have any legal right for a claim in future, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj