Parents abandon newborn girl in Noida hospital
Greater Noida: A day after she was born, a newborn girl was abandoned by her parents, who left on the pretext of arranging money for payment of hospital bills.
On March 10, the parents told the staff of the hospital in Dadri that they were going to arrange money for payment of bills, District Probation Officer Rajiv Sharma said.
They, however, did not return, leaving the child in the hospital ward, he said, adding the couple was not pressurised for money.
The authorities have appealed to the parents to take back their child within one month, failing which, she will be given to an issueless couple and they will not have any legal right for a claim in future, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'