Parents of missing children protest, submit memorandum
New Delhi: Holding photographs of their
missing children, over hundred distressed parents in Delhi on Friday
protested against inaction of the police and demanded
government intervention in the matter.
The parents of the missing children from various corners
of the city, along with NGO `Bachpan Bachao Andolan`, demanded
an amendment to existing anti-trafficking legislation and
setting up of a national investigative agency to probe the
"We will be submitting a memorandum to the President of
India with our demands for a new legislation on the issue of
missing children along with formulation of national
investigative agency to investigate the cases," said NGO
Chairperson, RS Chaurasaia.
The memorandum also asks for budgetary allocation to
handle the issue, amendment of anti-trafficking law and
registering cases of missing children with respective police
"I have gone to the police, CBI and even to the Chief
Minister but nothing has happened yet. I hope with this
memorandum, the government will pay heed to our problem and
get my missing child back," said Tajwar Sultana whose
three-year-old granddaughter went missing two years ago.
Delhi, among several states, has the highest number of
missing children in the country. 436 children have been
reported missing this year in the city.
Kamod Gupta, father of a five-year-old missing boy, said
"I want to meet the President because the police have done
nothing to search my child. I even told them the people I
doubt. The only way we can get our kids back is if the
government pressurises the investigating agencies," Gupta
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know