New Delhi: Angry over what they termed as
"flawed and arbitrary" nursery admission procedures adopted by
city schools this season, hundreds of parents on Wednesday held a
protest rally in Delhi demanding stringent action against errant
The protesting parents, most of whom have so far failed
to secure nursery admission for their wards, submitted a
memorandum to Directorate of Education (DoE) Director P
In their memorandum, they named a host of schools which
have allegedly violated DoE guidelines or adopted a fraudulent
practice while selecting students for admission this year.
They also sought a uniform and centralised admission
policy from next year in order to avoid chaos and confusion.
"Our protest has been very successful. We have
successfully conveyed all the concerns of parents related to
this year`s nursery admission," said Sumit Vohra, founder of
admissionsnursery.com, an online parents` forum which
organised today`s rally.
"The Director of DoE has assured the parents that he
would issue show-cause notices to all the erring schools and
promised that the government will verify the selection
procedures of all schools," Vohra said.
Krishnamurthy, on his part, admitted that this year`s
admission process has been chaotic and assured that steps will
be taken to ensure that the process becomes smoother from next