Parents should be able to suspend teachers: Manish Sisodia
New Delhi: Parents need to be given powers to suspend and remove principals and teachers, Delhi Education Minister Manish Sisodia said Monday after a surprise visit to a government school.
Following his interaction with students, he said that he was told the principal and teachers do not come to school on time and he also saw students teaching each other and conducting examinations.
"The children told me that one of the teachers has not come to school since last Monday. When I checked the attendance register, I saw that they had signed at 9.30 am," Sisodia told a television channel.
He examined the mid-day meals and said that he found insects in it and the quality of the food was very poor.
"The person who supplies the food is making good money, so it is high time that the power needs to be given to parents to cancel the suppliers license," added Sisodia.
He promised that strict action will be taken against the principal and teacher of the school he visited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!