Parking disallowed on Rajpath
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Wednesday issued an
extraordinary notification banning parking of vehicles on
Rajpath in the national capital, saying it has been causing
congestion in the area and endangering life of road users.
"Illegal parking of vehicles on Rajpath (from Vijay Chowk
to C- Hexagon) by tourists and visitors is causing congestion
and interrupting flow of traffic, hindrance to pedestrians on
the road, and also endangering the life of road users.
"In view of the problems, it is necessary to control the
parking of motor vehicles on Rajpath with an objective to
ensure uninterrupted, safe and free management of
traffic/movement of pedestrians," the notification issued by
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic-HQ) Prabhakar said.
According to the notification, parking of all types of
vehicles will be banned for 24 hours of the day on Rajpath by
declaring the road as "No Parking Zone" till further orders.
The notification comes a month after Police Commissioner
Y S Dadwal`s direction to police to remove hawkers and
vehicles from Rajpath, which connects Rashtrapati Bhavan with
war memorial India Gate, after he saw hawkers crowding the
India Gate area and vehicles parked on the roadside, creating
problem to movement of traffic.
Alternate parking facilities have been made available on
North and South of Rajpath behind the water channels.
In north of Rajpath, parking is available between Rafi
Marg and Janpath, Janpath and Man Singh Road, and Man Singh
Road and C-Hexagon. In south, parking is available between
Rafi Marg and Janpath, Man Singh Road and C-Hexagon.
Also, NDMC shall set up sufficient number of corresponding
informatory and mandatory signboards indicating restriction on
the road for guidance and convenience of road users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon