Parking disallowed on Rajpath
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Wednesday issued an
extraordinary notification banning parking of vehicles on
Rajpath in the national capital, saying it has been causing
congestion in the area and endangering life of road users.
"Illegal parking of vehicles on Rajpath (from Vijay Chowk
to C- Hexagon) by tourists and visitors is causing congestion
and interrupting flow of traffic, hindrance to pedestrians on
the road, and also endangering the life of road users.
"In view of the problems, it is necessary to control the
parking of motor vehicles on Rajpath with an objective to
ensure uninterrupted, safe and free management of
traffic/movement of pedestrians," the notification issued by
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic-HQ) Prabhakar said.
According to the notification, parking of all types of
vehicles will be banned for 24 hours of the day on Rajpath by
declaring the road as "No Parking Zone" till further orders.
The notification comes a month after Police Commissioner
Y S Dadwal`s direction to police to remove hawkers and
vehicles from Rajpath, which connects Rashtrapati Bhavan with
war memorial India Gate, after he saw hawkers crowding the
India Gate area and vehicles parked on the roadside, creating
problem to movement of traffic.
Alternate parking facilities have been made available on
North and South of Rajpath behind the water channels.
In north of Rajpath, parking is available between Rafi
Marg and Janpath, Janpath and Man Singh Road, and Man Singh
Road and C-Hexagon. In south, parking is available between
Rafi Marg and Janpath, Man Singh Road and C-Hexagon.
Also, NDMC shall set up sufficient number of corresponding
informatory and mandatory signboards indicating restriction on
the road for guidance and convenience of road users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future