Parking disallowed on Rajpath
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Wednesday issued an
extraordinary notification banning parking of vehicles on
Rajpath in the national capital, saying it has been causing
congestion in the area and endangering life of road users.
"Illegal parking of vehicles on Rajpath (from Vijay Chowk
to C- Hexagon) by tourists and visitors is causing congestion
and interrupting flow of traffic, hindrance to pedestrians on
the road, and also endangering the life of road users.
"In view of the problems, it is necessary to control the
parking of motor vehicles on Rajpath with an objective to
ensure uninterrupted, safe and free management of
traffic/movement of pedestrians," the notification issued by
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic-HQ) Prabhakar said.
According to the notification, parking of all types of
vehicles will be banned for 24 hours of the day on Rajpath by
declaring the road as "No Parking Zone" till further orders.
The notification comes a month after Police Commissioner
Y S Dadwal`s direction to police to remove hawkers and
vehicles from Rajpath, which connects Rashtrapati Bhavan with
war memorial India Gate, after he saw hawkers crowding the
India Gate area and vehicles parked on the roadside, creating
problem to movement of traffic.
Alternate parking facilities have been made available on
North and South of Rajpath behind the water channels.
In north of Rajpath, parking is available between Rafi
Marg and Janpath, Janpath and Man Singh Road, and Man Singh
Road and C-Hexagon. In south, parking is available between
Rafi Marg and Janpath, Man Singh Road and C-Hexagon.
Also, NDMC shall set up sufficient number of corresponding
informatory and mandatory signboards indicating restriction on
the road for guidance and convenience of road users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery