Parliament condemns Naxal attack on CRPF jawans
New Delhi: Parliament on Wednesday strongly condemned the attack on CRPF personnel in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra saying such acts aimed at disturbing peace must be dealt with "determination and firmness".
Making a reference to the incident in which several CRPF personnel were killed in a landmine blast yesterday, Speaker Meira Kumar said, "The House strongly condemns this dastardly terrorist attack which is aimed at disturbing peace in the
In the Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari said the House
reiterates its resolve that such acts must be confronted with
determination and firmness.
"The attack is deplorable and the loss of precious lives is
tragic and unfortunate," he said.
The members then observed silence in both Houses as a mark
of respect to the memory of those killed in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex
- MUST WATCH: Disgruntled employee tears down an aeroplane!
- Centre releases 25 more files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview