Parliament condemns Naxal attack on CRPF jawans
New Delhi: Parliament on Wednesday strongly condemned the attack on CRPF personnel in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra saying such acts aimed at disturbing peace must be dealt with "determination and firmness".
Making a reference to the incident in which several CRPF personnel were killed in a landmine blast yesterday, Speaker Meira Kumar said, "The House strongly condemns this dastardly terrorist attack which is aimed at disturbing peace in the
In the Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari said the House
reiterates its resolve that such acts must be confronted with
determination and firmness.
"The attack is deplorable and the loss of precious lives is
tragic and unfortunate," he said.
The members then observed silence in both Houses as a mark
of respect to the memory of those killed in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH