Parliament condemns Naxal attack on CRPF jawans
New Delhi: Parliament on Wednesday strongly condemned the attack on CRPF personnel in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra saying such acts aimed at disturbing peace must be dealt with "determination and firmness".
Making a reference to the incident in which several CRPF personnel were killed in a landmine blast yesterday, Speaker Meira Kumar said, "The House strongly condemns this dastardly terrorist attack which is aimed at disturbing peace in the
In the Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari said the House
reiterates its resolve that such acts must be confronted with
determination and firmness.
"The attack is deplorable and the loss of precious lives is
tragic and unfortunate," he said.
The members then observed silence in both Houses as a mark
of respect to the memory of those killed in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’