Parliament condemns Naxal attack on CRPF jawans
New Delhi: Parliament on Wednesday strongly condemned the attack on CRPF personnel in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra saying such acts aimed at disturbing peace must be dealt with "determination and firmness".
Making a reference to the incident in which several CRPF personnel were killed in a landmine blast yesterday, Speaker Meira Kumar said, "The House strongly condemns this dastardly terrorist attack which is aimed at disturbing peace in the
In the Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari said the House
reiterates its resolve that such acts must be confronted with
determination and firmness.
"The attack is deplorable and the loss of precious lives is
tragic and unfortunate," he said.
The members then observed silence in both Houses as a mark
of respect to the memory of those killed in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat in trouble as MNS files complaint against him over video on Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Incredible! This leaning Shiva Temple in Varanasi is partially submerged in Ganga
- Banks checking loan applicant's capacity to repay on Facebook, LinkedIn
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South