Parliament condemns Naxal attack on CRPF jawans
New Delhi: Parliament on Wednesday strongly condemned the attack on CRPF personnel in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra saying such acts aimed at disturbing peace must be dealt with "determination and firmness".
Making a reference to the incident in which several CRPF personnel were killed in a landmine blast yesterday, Speaker Meira Kumar said, "The House strongly condemns this dastardly terrorist attack which is aimed at disturbing peace in the
In the Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari said the House
reiterates its resolve that such acts must be confronted with
determination and firmness.
"The attack is deplorable and the loss of precious lives is
tragic and unfortunate," he said.
The members then observed silence in both Houses as a mark
of respect to the memory of those killed in the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!