Parliament`s prerogative to decide SC ruling on lawmakers: CJI
New Delhi: Chief Justice of India P Sathasivam today said it is the prerogative of the parliament to take a decision on the Supreme Court verdict that protects a convicted lawmaker from disqualification on the ground of pendency of appeal in higher courts.
"It is parliament`s prerogative. If it is possible let them do it. How can I make any comment," he said when asked on the apex court verdict on convicted lawmakers.
After unfurling the national flag at Supreme Court lawns here, he said "judiciary is at present following the collegium system of appointment of judges, but I am getting more information from various sources, respected senior members, other judges on Judicial Appointments Commission."
The challenge before the judiciary is to dispose of pending cases, especially those involving prevention of corruption, women and children, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday