Parts of Delhi-UP highway to be closed today
New Delhi: In the wake of protest call given by some Muslim groups, the Delhi Traffic Police will on Monday close National Highway 24 - that connects Delhi to Uttar Pradesh via Ghaziabad.
According to an advisory issued by the Delhi Traffic Police, NH-24 will be closed from Ghazipur flyover to Uttar Pradesh border on Monday for all types of vehicles.
The Muslims groups, who are protesting over the ownership of Karbala land in Jor Bagh area of Delhi, will hold a protest march on NH-24 towards the national capital.
In an advisory issued on Sunday, the Delhi Traffic Police has said that on Monday, traffic coming from Nizamuddin to Ghaziabad will take compulsory Right/Left Turn from NH-24 to UP Link Road at Akshardham Setu, and vehicles coming from Pusta Road to Ghaziabad will have to go straight up to Noida Gate.
"Traffic coming from Mother Dairy Road will not go on NH-24, will be diverted towards Chand Cinema, Hindon canal Road to enter UP," the advisory says quoting Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Anil Shukla. It has been posted on the Delhi Traffic Police`s Facebook page.
Maximum traffic coming from Hilton Hotel side will be diverted to Hindon Canal Road, and it will be one way from Kondli Road up to UP Border, the advisory says.
According to police, vehicles coming from NH-24 will take compulsory left turn on Hasanpur Depot and Ch Charan Singh Marg - From Hasanpur -Telco- Anand Vihar and NH-24 will be compulsory closed at this point.
Traffic coming from Anand Vihar will go towards Hasanpur Depot and Ghazipur underpass. Signal light will be turn off and traffic will be regulated manually.
Controlled traffic will be allowed to take U-turn from Railway underpass. All UP Roadways buses will be diverted towards Vaishali. All traffic coming from Vaishali will be taken on Chaudhary Charan Singh Marg.
As far as Outer Ring Road is concerned, when NH-24 will be entirely blocked, the traffic coming from Bhairon Road will not be allowed on NH-24 and sent straight to Toll Bridge to enter Noida.
Traffic coming from Sarai Kale Khan will not be allowed on NH-24 and will be allowed to take U-turn and go to Toll Bridge and enter Noida, or allowed to go straight towards ITO.
From ITO they will come on Vikas Marg up to Karkari More Road No 57 and enter Ram Prastha, said the advisory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!