Passenger lounge opens at New Delhi railway station
New Delhi: Complete with food court, internet connectivity and a business centre, a swanky travellers` lounge opened at the New Delhi railway station on Friday.
Similar to lounges at airports, the new lounge has a seating capacity for 125 people. It also has a convenience retail store and will be accessible to all passengers at Rs 300 for three hours.
For large groups or families, the lounge has a separate private seating area.
If the passenger wishes to extend the stay beyond three hours, Rs 125 will be charged for every additional hour. Additional services such as the wash & change, business centre and the retail convenience store will be chargeable as per usage by the passengers.
The Ministry of Railways plans to open such lounges at 50 major stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor
- Hyundai to bring hybrids to India by next year
- Los Angeles Police say reports of gunfire at airport were false alarm, 'Zorro' detained