Passenger lounge opens at New Delhi railway station
New Delhi: Complete with food court, internet connectivity and a business centre, a swanky travellers` lounge opened at the New Delhi railway station on Friday.
Similar to lounges at airports, the new lounge has a seating capacity for 125 people. It also has a convenience retail store and will be accessible to all passengers at Rs 300 for three hours.
For large groups or families, the lounge has a separate private seating area.
If the passenger wishes to extend the stay beyond three hours, Rs 125 will be charged for every additional hour. Additional services such as the wash & change, business centre and the retail convenience store will be chargeable as per usage by the passengers.
The Ministry of Railways plans to open such lounges at 50 major stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof