Passenger lounge opens at New Delhi railway station
New Delhi: Complete with food court, internet connectivity and a business centre, a swanky travellers` lounge opened at the New Delhi railway station on Friday.
Similar to lounges at airports, the new lounge has a seating capacity for 125 people. It also has a convenience retail store and will be accessible to all passengers at Rs 300 for three hours.
For large groups or families, the lounge has a separate private seating area.
If the passenger wishes to extend the stay beyond three hours, Rs 125 will be charged for every additional hour. Additional services such as the wash & change, business centre and the retail convenience store will be chargeable as per usage by the passengers.
The Ministry of Railways plans to open such lounges at 50 major stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage