Patient welfare panels in all Delhi govt hospitals
New Delhi: Patient welfare committees will be
set up in all the hospitals run by the city Government to
ensure quality health care for all citizens.
A decision to this effect was taken by the Delhi Cabinet
today, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit told reporters after the
She said the committees will play a proactive role in
improving the responsiveness of the hospitals.
A senior official said patient welfare committees will
replace existing hospital advisory committees as their
performance has not been found satisfactory.
The committees will also ensure community participation
and monitor functioning of health care facilities, she said.
At the central level, a state patient welfare cell, would
coordinate the administrative works, an official said.
"It has been decided to set-up District Rogi Kalyan
Samitis under which the dispensary level Jan Swasthya Samitis
will be set up," he said.
Each committee will have as its member the local MLA, the
deputy commissioner, and among others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!