Patient welfare panels in all Delhi govt hospitals
New Delhi: Patient welfare committees will be
set up in all the hospitals run by the city Government to
ensure quality health care for all citizens.
A decision to this effect was taken by the Delhi Cabinet
today, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit told reporters after the
She said the committees will play a proactive role in
improving the responsiveness of the hospitals.
A senior official said patient welfare committees will
replace existing hospital advisory committees as their
performance has not been found satisfactory.
The committees will also ensure community participation
and monitor functioning of health care facilities, she said.
At the central level, a state patient welfare cell, would
coordinate the administrative works, an official said.
"It has been decided to set-up District Rogi Kalyan
Samitis under which the dispensary level Jan Swasthya Samitis
will be set up," he said.
Each committee will have as its member the local MLA, the
deputy commissioner, and among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog