Pay more for electricity, water in Delhi from today
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The headline might sound like an April Fool prank but unfortunately it`s not so. Because beginning Tuesday, your power and water bills in Delhi are set to rise sharply.
Effective today, the up to 20,000 litres of per month free water scheme ends in the national capital. The 10 percent tariff hike also kicks in from today for those enjoying free water. The hike has already been in effect since January for the rest of the consumers.
All this is because the Aam Aadmi Party government, which launched the free water scheme, is no more in power and the budgetary support for the scheme ended yesterday – the last day of the 2013-14 fiscal year.
Similarly, the 50% subsidy provided on power tariffs also comes to an end and Delhiites will now have to pay full bills beginning April 1.
The AAP government had subsidised power by 50% for houses consuming up to 400 units per month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'