Pay traffic challans at Jeevan kiosks
New Delhi: Soon you may be able to pay
your traffic challans at Delhi government-run kiosks under the
e-based Jeevan Project.
The traffic wing of Delhi Police has recently
expressed interest in becoming a partner of the project where
traffic notice payments will be accepted at the kiosks spread
across the city.
"We are likely to become a partner of the project.
Once it materialises, people can pay their traffic challans.
We are working out the modalities," a senior police official
The city police has recently asked bidders for 2,000
hand-held e-challaning equipment to ensure that its software
should have the option for transactions through Jeevan kiosks
once they finalise the arrangement with the government.
Traffic Police were also earlier thinking about
accepting credit card payment for realising traffic challans
and notices. "We are still working on it," the official said.
The Jeevan kiosks provide a single-window facility for
various services pertaining to different departments and
ministries in the national capital in order to make it a truly
These computerised citizen service centres or web
portals, facilitate payment of various bills, issue of
different forms, applications and information brochures.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon
- 60 percent voting in 2nd phase of panchayat polls in Bihar
- Prosecutors says ISIS ordered Italian resident to attack Rome
- Bomb blast in Assam's Tinsukia area; dozens injured, some in serious condition