PCI constitutes one-man committee to probe Faizabad incident
New Delhi: Press Council of India on Tuesday constituted a one-man committee to probe into the incident of attack on a religious place and a media house in Faizabad last week.
PCI Chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju appointed Sheetla Singh, Member of PCI and editor of Jan Morcha of Faizabad, to inquire into the incident on a complaint filed by activist Teesta Setalvad and submit his report at the earliest, a statement from the PCI said.
"If the allegations in the letter of Setalvad are correct it is a serious criminal offence which tends to disrupt the secular framework of our Constitution and society, and deserves condemnation and harsh punishment," Katju said.
A religious place was gutted and destroyed by vandals and also the office of bilingual Hindi-Urdu publication `Aap ki Taaqat`, which was on its first floor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists