PCI constitutes one-man committee to probe Faizabad incident
New Delhi: Press Council of India on Tuesday constituted a one-man committee to probe into the incident of attack on a religious place and a media house in Faizabad last week.
PCI Chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju appointed Sheetla Singh, Member of PCI and editor of Jan Morcha of Faizabad, to inquire into the incident on a complaint filed by activist Teesta Setalvad and submit his report at the earliest, a statement from the PCI said.
"If the allegations in the letter of Setalvad are correct it is a serious criminal offence which tends to disrupt the secular framework of our Constitution and society, and deserves condemnation and harsh punishment," Katju said.
A religious place was gutted and destroyed by vandals and also the office of bilingual Hindi-Urdu publication `Aap ki Taaqat`, which was on its first floor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL