PCR vans: Common man`s ambulance in Delhi
New Delhi: PCR vans in the capital seem to
have become the common man`s ambulance with 50,765 injured
persons being transported to hospitals by them in the year
Out of this, 18,094 were road mishap victims, while
32,671 were involved in other accidents.
"As PCR vans are the first to reach the site of any
incident, in most of the accident cases, they are the ones
ferrying victims to the hospital," Delhi Police Commissioner
Y S Dadwal told reporters here.
The PCR service received 2,057 calls from students and
children, 7,646 calls from women and 2,708 calls from senior
citizens during the year.
The PCRs have also been busy arresting criminals with 35
dacoits, 17 snatchers, 10 burglars and 960 other offenders
being taken into custody by them.
Around 10 PCR vans have been ear-marked and stationed at
different locations visited by tourists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui