Peaceful protests continue against Delhi gang-rape
Chandigarh: Tributes continued to pour in for the Delhi gang-rape victim as employees of the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking on Tuesday observed two minute`s silence in the memory of the girl who died at a Singapore hospital.
The employees, including senior officials, participated in a candle light march in condemnation of the incident, and called for efforts to spread awareness on crime against women.
On this occasion, the drivers and conductors of the city buses were asked to remain vigilant.
Meanwhile, people from different spheres of life gathered to hold peaceful demonstrations in various parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, to demand for strict possible punishment to the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali