Peaceful protests continue against Delhi gang-rape
Chandigarh: Tributes continued to pour in for the Delhi gang-rape victim as employees of the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking on Tuesday observed two minute`s silence in the memory of the girl who died at a Singapore hospital.
The employees, including senior officials, participated in a candle light march in condemnation of the incident, and called for efforts to spread awareness on crime against women.
On this occasion, the drivers and conductors of the city buses were asked to remain vigilant.
Meanwhile, people from different spheres of life gathered to hold peaceful demonstrations in various parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, to demand for strict possible punishment to the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown