Peaceful protests continue against Delhi gang-rape
Chandigarh: Tributes continued to pour in for the Delhi gang-rape victim as employees of the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking on Tuesday observed two minute`s silence in the memory of the girl who died at a Singapore hospital.
The employees, including senior officials, participated in a candle light march in condemnation of the incident, and called for efforts to spread awareness on crime against women.
On this occasion, the drivers and conductors of the city buses were asked to remain vigilant.
Meanwhile, people from different spheres of life gathered to hold peaceful demonstrations in various parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, to demand for strict possible punishment to the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened