Peaceful protests continue against Delhi gang-rape
Chandigarh: Tributes continued to pour in for the Delhi gang-rape victim as employees of the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking on Tuesday observed two minute`s silence in the memory of the girl who died at a Singapore hospital.
The employees, including senior officials, participated in a candle light march in condemnation of the incident, and called for efforts to spread awareness on crime against women.
On this occasion, the drivers and conductors of the city buses were asked to remain vigilant.
Meanwhile, people from different spheres of life gathered to hold peaceful demonstrations in various parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, to demand for strict possible punishment to the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!