Perjury complaint in Jessica murder case: Shayan granted bail
New Delhi: Bollywood actor Shayan Munshi, who is facing prosecution for allegedly turning hostile in Jessica Lall murder case, has been granted bail by a Delhi court which fixed the matter for February 5 for hearing arguments on the framing of charge.
Munshi, who had appeared before the court in pursuance to a summon issued against him, moved the bail plea which was allowed by Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash on the ground that the offence alleged against him was bailable.
"The present complaint under section 195 CrPC read with section 340 CrPC has been filed against the accused in respect of offence under section 193 (giving or fabricating false evidence in a judicial proceeding) IPC which is bailable in nature.
"Having regard to the entire facts and circumstances, the accused is admitted to bail on furnishing personal bond in the sum of Rs 50,000 with one surety of like amount....," the court said.
It also imposed several conditions on Munshi, saying he would regularly attend the hearings and shall not influence witnesses or tamper with the records in any manner and would inform it before leaving India.
Meanwhile, another accused Prem Manocha, who was then working as a ballistic expert, also appeared before the court in connection with the case and his counsel placed on record the certified copy of September 20, 2013 order passed by the Supreme Court by which proceedings against him have been stayed.
The court adjourned the proceedings against Manocha till February 5, next year. Munshi, who was led as primary witness of prosecution the Jessica murder case, and Manocha are accused of lying on oath during trial before the sessions court and introducing the "two-gun theory", which was the primary defence taken by the convicts.
The Delhi High Court registrar had filed two separate complaints against them in September after the high court had passed an order on March 22 directing their prosecution for perjury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row