Personally not in favour of contesting polls in other states: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: After its debacle in the Lok Sabha elections, AAP National Convener Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said he was "personally" not in favour of contesting in other states if the timings clash with Delhi polls.
"I am personally not in favour of contesting election outside Delhi and want to focus with all our energies on the national capital. However, this is my personal opinion and not the party`s and no decision has been taken on the issue.
"We did well in assembly election in Delhi and if we continue to do well here, we can do well in other parts of the country as well," the AAP chief said while was addressing the NRI supporters on Google Hangout late this evening.
AAP was looking to contest assembly election in Haryana and Maharashtra, before the Lok Sabha polls, as the two states would witness election later this year.
The Aam Aadmi Party today lashed out at the Centre for not dissolving the Delhi Legislative Assembly and said if there was a BJP wave, then why was the saffron party scared of elections.
Kejriwal said that party was looking to spread its tentacles in other parts of the country and was aiming to have presence in every village with minimum 10 workers on every booth.
"The BJP is not allowing the election to take place. If they say that there is a strong Modi wave then why is the government not dissolving the Delhi assembly," Kejriwal said.
"There is a strong rumour that BJP will form the government with the support of five Congress MLAs and independents. If they are so strong then why it was involving in horse trading," Kejriwal alleged.
He also attacked the Modi-government for inflation, hike in railway fare and electricity crisis in Delhi.
"People are feeling betrayed. There is no respite from corruption and inflation and there has been a fare hike in the railways without announcing measures to improve it or put an end to corruption," he said, adding that there was no "systematic change".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured