Personally not in favour of contesting polls in other states: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: After its debacle in the Lok Sabha elections, AAP National Convener Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said he was "personally" not in favour of contesting in other states if the timings clash with Delhi polls.
"I am personally not in favour of contesting election outside Delhi and want to focus with all our energies on the national capital. However, this is my personal opinion and not the party`s and no decision has been taken on the issue.
"We did well in assembly election in Delhi and if we continue to do well here, we can do well in other parts of the country as well," the AAP chief said while was addressing the NRI supporters on Google Hangout late this evening.
AAP was looking to contest assembly election in Haryana and Maharashtra, before the Lok Sabha polls, as the two states would witness election later this year.
The Aam Aadmi Party today lashed out at the Centre for not dissolving the Delhi Legislative Assembly and said if there was a BJP wave, then why was the saffron party scared of elections.
Kejriwal said that party was looking to spread its tentacles in other parts of the country and was aiming to have presence in every village with minimum 10 workers on every booth.
"The BJP is not allowing the election to take place. If they say that there is a strong Modi wave then why is the government not dissolving the Delhi assembly," Kejriwal said.
"There is a strong rumour that BJP will form the government with the support of five Congress MLAs and independents. If they are so strong then why it was involving in horse trading," Kejriwal alleged.
He also attacked the Modi-government for inflation, hike in railway fare and electricity crisis in Delhi.
"People are feeling betrayed. There is no respite from corruption and inflation and there has been a fare hike in the railways without announcing measures to improve it or put an end to corruption," he said, adding that there was no "systematic change".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Five killed as house collapses in Andhra Pradesh
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa