Petrol price may come down further in city after VAT waiver
New Delhi: The price of petrol which has come down to 71.16 per litre in the city could further decrease by 92 paisa when a proposal by Delhi Government to cut VAT on increased component of the fuel comes into effect.
Following the announcement of the reduction by the Oil companies, petrol price has come down by Rs 2.02 per litre from Rs 73.18.
Petrol would cost Rs 70.24 when Delhi Government implements its decision to forego VAT on the hiked price of the fuel.
Presenting the budget on Monday last, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had announced slashing the VAT on the hiked price of petrol.
The budget will be taken up for passage on Monday and once proposal is cleared, the government would issue a notification effecting the cut in prices.
As per the earlier calculation, forgoing the VAT on increased price of petrol would have resulted a cut in petrol price by Rs 1.26.
But after the cut in petrol prices by Rs 1.68 by Oil companies, the reduction in VAT on per litre of petrol would be 92 paisa.
In her budget speech, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had said that the price of petrol in Delhi is the lowest among all the metro cities and lower compared to the price in neighbouring cities of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
"I have deeply considered the matter and am of the view that the citizens of Delhi need to be provided some relief," she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow