Petrol pump manager denied bail for getting youth shot dead
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to grant bail to a local petrol pump manager, arrested for allegedly getting a 22-year-old youth shot dead in 2009 for urinating in the business premises.
A bench of justices H L Gokhale and Ranjana Prakash Desai dismissed the bail plea of manager Mukesh Lal, saying it found no merit in it and was disinclined to interfere with the orders of the Delhi High Court and the sessions court which had earlier denied him the bail.
Mukesh Lal had allegedly instigated the security personnel of the petrol pump to fire at victim Himanshu Sharma.
According to the prosecution, Sharma was shot dead by petrol pump guard Chandagi Ram and other employees of Masih Automobile, a BPCL retailer at Anand Vihar at the instance of Mukesh Lal, on September 30, 2009 on the petty issue.
As per the prosecution, Himanshu, son of businessman P K Sharma and his 4 friends had dropped in at the petrol pump`s "In and Out" store in the victim`s Honda City car to buy some snacks as they were scheduled to visit Shirdi the next day.
After having been told that there was no urinal in the premises, Himanshu allegedly began peeing in the open in a corner of the petrol pump premises, leading to a row between the petrol pump staff and his five friends.
The petrol pump staff allegedly attacked Himanshu and his friends with sticks and rods. As they tried to flee in Himanshu`s car, they blocked its path, while the guard, allegedly at the instance of manager, fired five shots from his gun, hitting Himanshu in his armpit.
His friends rushed him to a nearby private hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Out of the eight accused, six had been arrested while two are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand