Petrol pump manager denied bail for getting youth shot dead
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to grant bail to a local petrol pump manager, arrested for allegedly getting a 22-year-old youth shot dead in 2009 for urinating in the business premises.
A bench of justices H L Gokhale and Ranjana Prakash Desai dismissed the bail plea of manager Mukesh Lal, saying it found no merit in it and was disinclined to interfere with the orders of the Delhi High Court and the sessions court which had earlier denied him the bail.
Mukesh Lal had allegedly instigated the security personnel of the petrol pump to fire at victim Himanshu Sharma.
According to the prosecution, Sharma was shot dead by petrol pump guard Chandagi Ram and other employees of Masih Automobile, a BPCL retailer at Anand Vihar at the instance of Mukesh Lal, on September 30, 2009 on the petty issue.
As per the prosecution, Himanshu, son of businessman P K Sharma and his 4 friends had dropped in at the petrol pump`s "In and Out" store in the victim`s Honda City car to buy some snacks as they were scheduled to visit Shirdi the next day.
After having been told that there was no urinal in the premises, Himanshu allegedly began peeing in the open in a corner of the petrol pump premises, leading to a row between the petrol pump staff and his five friends.
The petrol pump staff allegedly attacked Himanshu and his friends with sticks and rods. As they tried to flee in Himanshu`s car, they blocked its path, while the guard, allegedly at the instance of manager, fired five shots from his gun, hitting Himanshu in his armpit.
His friends rushed him to a nearby private hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Out of the eight accused, six had been arrested while two are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city