PIL on compensation for faulty electricity bills
New Delhi: A petition was filed Wednesday in the Delhi High Court seeking direction to the city government and a power distribution company to pay compensation for wrong bills sent to consumers.
The Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by Sri Chand Jain, through advocate Sugriva Dubey also asked the court to issue directions to the government and other authorities to "stop the recovery of incorrect bills issued to the consumers".
Filing the PIL against Delhi government, Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), BSES Yamuna Power Ltd., Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC), it further sought directions for city government to issue guidelines for determination of electricity tariff by bidding process.
"Issue directions to the respondents to issue guidelines under section 63 of the Electricity Act for determination of tariff by bidding process in the interest of justice," the PIL said.
It was alleged in the petition that power distributing company BSES Yamuna is issuing incorrect bills and people are compelled to deposit the false amounts failing which the electricity is disconnected.
The meters installed by the company are very fast and giving unreasonable and incorrect meter readings, said the plea, adding that the company stared issuing bills "without verifying the defective meters" and also "without replacing the fast meters".
The matter would come up for hearing Dec 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says