Pincha appointed Commissioner for disabled
New Delhi:A disabled person has been
appointed as Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities
for the first time in the country.
Prasanna Kumar Pincha, a visually-challenged person, took
charge as the Chief Commissioner on December 28.
A disability rights activist, Pincha had served as
founder principal of Government Institute for the Blind in
A law graduate with a Masters degree in English
literature, Pincha also worked as a Joint Director in Social
Welfare Department of Assam government and was a Special
Rapporteur with National Human Rights Commission.
He was selected for the National Award for Best
Employee (Visually Disabled) in 1999 by the Central
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video