Pipli rape case: NCSC summons Orissa officials
New Delhi: Taking serious note of the rape case of Odisha`s Puri District where the victim slipped into coma after being treated for snake bite, National Commission
for Schedule Caste (NCSC) has issued a notice to senior state and district officials to appear before them and submit an "action taken report" in the matter.
"We have issued a notice to Odisha`s Director General of Police and the SP and DM of Puri District to submit an ATR in the alleged rape case of a Dalit girl in November last year," NCSC Chairman P L Puniya said.
The 19-year-old girl was found in a semi-naked and unconscious condition in a paddy field in Arjungada village under the Pipili police station in Puri district on November 28 last year.
"She was transfered from one hospital to another without proper medical check-up, and was later administered anti-venom medicine following which she slipped into coma," Puniya said.
"We have asked DGP, SP and DM as why any action has not yet been taken in the case," he added.
Puniya also mentioned that such cases are rampant in various backward districts of Odisha. NCSC officials in Odisha said the Commission has asked DGP, SP and DM to appear before it on March 12.
The state government had ordered a judicial probe into the incident and a team of the National Commission for Women (NCW) probed into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday