Pipli rape case: NCSC summons Orissa officials
New Delhi: Taking serious note of the rape case of Odisha`s Puri District where the victim slipped into coma after being treated for snake bite, National Commission
for Schedule Caste (NCSC) has issued a notice to senior state and district officials to appear before them and submit an "action taken report" in the matter.
"We have issued a notice to Odisha`s Director General of Police and the SP and DM of Puri District to submit an ATR in the alleged rape case of a Dalit girl in November last year," NCSC Chairman P L Puniya said.
The 19-year-old girl was found in a semi-naked and unconscious condition in a paddy field in Arjungada village under the Pipili police station in Puri district on November 28 last year.
"She was transfered from one hospital to another without proper medical check-up, and was later administered anti-venom medicine following which she slipped into coma," Puniya said.
"We have asked DGP, SP and DM as why any action has not yet been taken in the case," he added.
Puniya also mentioned that such cases are rampant in various backward districts of Odisha. NCSC officials in Odisha said the Commission has asked DGP, SP and DM to appear before it on March 12.
The state government had ordered a judicial probe into the incident and a team of the National Commission for Women (NCW) probed into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason