Plan panel approves Tripura`s Rs 2,250 Cr outlay
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Thursday approved Tripura`s Plan outlay of Rs 2,250 crore for 2012-13, which is 15.38 per cent higher than the allocation for this fiscal.
"The annual Plan size of Rs 2,250 crore for the year
2012-13 for Tripura was finalised here at a meeting between
Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia
and Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar," an official
statement said here.
During the discussion on Plan outlay, commenting on the
performance of state, Ahluwalia said that state has been
seeking funds and resources for investing in basic
infrastructure which has brought consistent progress in
quality of life and income of people cutting across all
sections of society.
"The state was complimented for achieving satisfactory
growth rate particularly in agriculture and services sectors
during 11th Plan period (2007-12)," he added.
It was pointed out that agriculture has shown a growth
rate of 6.4 per cent while services sector grew by 7.6 per
The state government was advised to adopt investment
friendly policies aimed at encouraging private participation
in both physical and social infrastructure development.
Briefing the commission on the Plan performance of the
state including development strategy for 12th Plan, Sarkar
said the highest priority will be given to general economic
services followed be social services and agriculture.
The Chief Minister said that efforts are on to create
investor-friendly environment and open up social sector for
He said the State has enrolled maximum numbers under
Aadhaar project of Unique Identification Authority of India
and around 90 per cent population has already been covered.
Sarkar also discussed the problems being faced by the
state in encouraging private sector to participate
He said the state would give emphasis on strengthening
trade, commerce, economic and cultural ties with Bangladesh
during 12th Plan for giving necessary fillip to the economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister