Plan panel`s help sought to expand DCT scheme
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Friday sought Planning Commission`s help in bringing around 30 lakh beneficiaries of various central and Delhi Government -sponsored schemes in the city under the ambit of direct transfer of cash subsidies by July.
At a meeting with Planning Commission Deputy Chairperson Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Dikshit said government has set an ambitious target of facilitating Aadhaar-based direct cash transfer to beneficiaries of a host of schemes to plug leakages and corruption.
The Chief Minister also underlined the need to remove obstacles in opening of no-frill bank accounts by beneficiaries so that the Government can implement its plan.
In December last year, Delhi Government had launched a major food security programme called Annashree Yojana under which cash subsidy of Rs 600 a month is being given to over 40,000 households not covered by BPL scheme and Antyodaya Anna Yojana. The government plans to increase the number of beneficiaries to two lakh.
Officials attending the meeting said Planning Commission appreciated Delhi Government for the initiative.
In the meeting, the Commission approved a plan size of Rs 16,626 crore for Delhi for 2013-14, up by 4.8 per cent from the previous fiscal.
Apart from this, the Planning Commission has approved an amount of Rs 626 crore under PSU Plan which includes Rs 106 crore for Delhi Transco Ltd, Rs 500 crore for Pragati Power Corporation Ltd and Rs 20 crore for Delhi Finance Corporation.
Officials said 93 per cent of the annual plan size would be be financed through Delhi Government`s own resources.
The Planning Commission also heaped praise on the city government for launching project to revamp the existing property registration system and put in place an online mechanis to ensure hassle-free services to the citizens.
The online registration system has been already launched in five sub-registrar offices out of total 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened