Plans for hospital security force in Delhi
New Delhi: To protect the doctors working at
government-run hospitals in the city from any assault, the
authorities here will raise a special security force.
This was decided in a meeting held today between Joint
Secretary, Union Health Ministry, Shakuntala D Gamlin, members
of Resident Doctors Association and Medical Superintendent of
Safdarjung Hospital. They had met to resolve the issue of a
strike called by the medicos at Safdarjung yesterday.
Demanding enhanced security at the hospital, nearly 1,200
resident doctors of Safdarjung went on a strike after one of
their colleagues was allegedly manhandled by relatives of a
patient. The agitation was withdrawn today after the meeting
among the three parties.
N K Mohanty, Medical Superintendent of Safdajung
Hospital, said, "The strike has been called off and the demand
of the doctors for adequate security has been met. A plan for
raising a hospital security force for government hospitals was
also given a nod. This facility is already in place in Madhya
Pradesh hospitals but will take some time to come up here."
Dr Pratap Dutta, joint secretary, RDA, Safdarjung
Hospital said, "Our demand for enhanced security has been met.
Now around 500 security guards will man the hospital. They
will be given walkie-talkies in order to maintain the
internal communication for any emergency need."
He said, "A system of one attendant with one patient will
be strictly followed and a patient`s relative will have to get
a pass for visiting his or her ailing relative admitted in the
Dr Mohanty said that a tender in regard to the enhanced
security will be finalised on September 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday