Plea to prosecute Tytler for threat to lawyer
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sought response
from Congress leader Jagdish Tytler on a plea by a lawyer
fighting for the 1984 anti-Sikh riots victims that the former
Union Minister should be prosecuted for criminal intimidation
for allegedly threatening to "liquidate" him on a TV show.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Amit
Bansal issued notice to Tytler to sumit his reply on July 12
to the plea of senior counsel HS Phoolka.
The court was hearing a defamation case filed by Phoolka
who had alleged that Tytler had made derogatory remark against
him in a TV programme aired on a news channel on September 7,
"The allegations in the complaint as well as statements of
the witnesses at the pre-summoning stage discloses the offence
committed by the accused (Tytler) under section 506 Part II
(criminal intimidation) of the IPC, as well, accordingly the
present case (of defamation) should be tried in accordance of
the procedure for trial of the warrant cases," Phoolka, in his
application filed through advocate Jasmeet Singh, said.
Section 506 (II) of the IPC attracts a punishment of up to
seven years in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings