Pleasant day ahead for Delhi
New Delhi: A shallow fog covered the capital early Monday with the minimum temperature settling two notches below the season`s average at 8.5 degrees Celsius. The Met Office has forecast a pleasant day for the city.
"The sky will remain clear and sunny throughout the day. But it is likely to become partly cloudy by evening," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum temperature is likely to be around 23 degrees Celsius, the IMD official added.
The fog brought down visibility to 400 meters in the city at 8.30 am while humidity was recorded at 97 percent.
The maximum temperature on Sunday was 23.7 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average for this time of the year, while the minimum was three notches below average at 7.1 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what