Pleasant Friday in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a pleasant Friday morning with rain giving respite from the soaring temperatures. The Met Office has forecast light rain and thundershower ahead in the day.
The minimum temperature was recorded five notches above the season`s average at 22.7 degrees Celsius. The city has recorded 3.6 mm of rainfall since Thursday.
The rain made people happy.
"After so many days, I had a nice walk in the Lodhi garden. The rain has actually made us all happy," Vineet Arora, an IT professional, told IANS.
Aditi Sharma, a media professional, said: "The heat wave was taking a toll on my health, but the rain has brought respite. I hope the weather stays like this for long."
The day`s maximum temperature is likely to hover around 41 degrees Celsius.
Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 85 percent.
Thursday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above the season`s average at 41.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature settled three notches above the average at 30.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks