Pleasant Friday in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a pleasant Friday morning with rain giving respite from the soaring temperatures. The Met Office has forecast light rain and thundershower ahead in the day.
The minimum temperature was recorded five notches above the season`s average at 22.7 degrees Celsius. The city has recorded 3.6 mm of rainfall since Thursday.
The rain made people happy.
"After so many days, I had a nice walk in the Lodhi garden. The rain has actually made us all happy," Vineet Arora, an IT professional, told IANS.
Aditi Sharma, a media professional, said: "The heat wave was taking a toll on my health, but the rain has brought respite. I hope the weather stays like this for long."
The day`s maximum temperature is likely to hover around 41 degrees Celsius.
Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 85 percent.
Thursday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above the season`s average at 41.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature settled three notches above the average at 30.5 degrees Celsius.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India