Pleasant Friday in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a pleasant Friday morning with rain giving respite from the soaring temperatures. The Met Office has forecast light rain and thundershower ahead in the day.
The minimum temperature was recorded five notches above the season`s average at 22.7 degrees Celsius. The city has recorded 3.6 mm of rainfall since Thursday.
The rain made people happy.
"After so many days, I had a nice walk in the Lodhi garden. The rain has actually made us all happy," Vineet Arora, an IT professional, told IANS.
Aditi Sharma, a media professional, said: "The heat wave was taking a toll on my health, but the rain has brought respite. I hope the weather stays like this for long."
The day`s maximum temperature is likely to hover around 41 degrees Celsius.
Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 85 percent.
Thursday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above the season`s average at 41.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature settled three notches above the average at 30.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city