Pleasant Friday in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a pleasant Friday morning with rain giving respite from the soaring temperatures. The Met Office has forecast light rain and thundershower ahead in the day.
The minimum temperature was recorded five notches above the season`s average at 22.7 degrees Celsius. The city has recorded 3.6 mm of rainfall since Thursday.
The rain made people happy.
"After so many days, I had a nice walk in the Lodhi garden. The rain has actually made us all happy," Vineet Arora, an IT professional, told IANS.
Aditi Sharma, a media professional, said: "The heat wave was taking a toll on my health, but the rain has brought respite. I hope the weather stays like this for long."
The day`s maximum temperature is likely to hover around 41 degrees Celsius.
Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 85 percent.
Thursday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above the season`s average at 41.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature settled three notches above the average at 30.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price