PM defends Thomas` appointment as new CVC
New Delhi: Rejecting BJP`s criticism, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday defended the appointment of Telecom Secretary P J Thomas as the new Central Vigilance
"We have done the right thing. We have chosen the best candidate out of the list of three," he told a group of editors here. He made light of the BJP criticism of the appointment saying the party would say what it has to say.
The BJP objected to Thomas` appointment saying the move was to "cover up" the 2G spectrum scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...