PM defends Thomas` appointment as new CVC
New Delhi: Rejecting BJP`s criticism, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday defended the appointment of Telecom Secretary P J Thomas as the new Central Vigilance
"We have done the right thing. We have chosen the best candidate out of the list of three," he told a group of editors here. He made light of the BJP criticism of the appointment saying the party would say what it has to say.
The BJP objected to Thomas` appointment saying the move was to "cover up" the 2G spectrum scam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference