PM defends Thomas` appointment as new CVC
New Delhi: Rejecting BJP`s criticism, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday defended the appointment of Telecom Secretary P J Thomas as the new Central Vigilance
"We have done the right thing. We have chosen the best candidate out of the list of three," he told a group of editors here. He made light of the BJP criticism of the appointment saying the party would say what it has to say.
The BJP objected to Thomas` appointment saying the move was to "cover up" the 2G spectrum scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what