PM defends Thomas` appointment as new CVC
New Delhi: Rejecting BJP`s criticism, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday defended the appointment of Telecom Secretary P J Thomas as the new Central Vigilance
"We have done the right thing. We have chosen the best candidate out of the list of three," he told a group of editors here. He made light of the BJP criticism of the appointment saying the party would say what it has to say.
The BJP objected to Thomas` appointment saying the move was to "cover up" the 2G spectrum scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch