PM, Obama meeting ahead of formal talks
New Delhi: On the eve of their formal talks,
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Barack Obama had a
meeting here tonight during which the two leaders are
understood to have taken stock of bilateral ties and ways to
push these to higher levels of strategic partnership.
Singh and Obama had a one-on-one meeting for about 25
minutes before the private dinner hosted by the Prime Minister
for the visiting leader and his wife Michelle at his 7, Race
Course Road residence.
The two leaders are believed to have taken an overview of
the bilateral relations, which have grown substantially over
the last few years.
Singh and Obama, who will hold wide-ranging talks
tomorrow, are understood to have discussed ways in which the
two countries could raise their cooperation to higher levels,
particularly in economic, security, agriculture and science
The two sides will be issuing a Joint Statement tomorrow
which will outline new areas of cooperation at bilateral and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi