PMO says statement on LoC killing not changed at its behest
New Delhi: The Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) on Wednesday night rubbished as "mischievous" the reports that a statement on the killing of five Indian soldiers on the LoC was changed at its behest.
"Such allegations being made are mischievous and have no basis," a PMO spokesman said.
He was reacting to reports that the statement was changed after being drafted by the Army.
While the Army statement issued in Jammu had said the attack in Poonch was carried out by Pakistan army`s Border Action Team (BAT), a statement read out by Defence Minister AK Antony in Parliament said the assault was carried out by "terrorists along with persons dressed in Pakistan Army uniform".
Sources today said the statement made by Antony was vetted by several senior officials including National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon, Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh, the DGMO and some Defence Ministry officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...