PMO says statement on LoC killing not changed at its behest
New Delhi: The Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) on Wednesday night rubbished as "mischievous" the reports that a statement on the killing of five Indian soldiers on the LoC was changed at its behest.
"Such allegations being made are mischievous and have no basis," a PMO spokesman said.
He was reacting to reports that the statement was changed after being drafted by the Army.
While the Army statement issued in Jammu had said the attack in Poonch was carried out by Pakistan army`s Border Action Team (BAT), a statement read out by Defence Minister AK Antony in Parliament said the assault was carried out by "terrorists along with persons dressed in Pakistan Army uniform".
Sources today said the statement made by Antony was vetted by several senior officials including National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon, Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh, the DGMO and some Defence Ministry officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened