Police bust racket selling `counterfeit` electric appliances
New Delhi: Police Friday arrested a man and
claimed to have busted a racket of manufacturing, packaging
and sale of counterfeit electric ceiling fans of a registered
home appliance company.
Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a shop in
Bhagirath Place Market in Rohini and recovered 186 counterfeit
products of `Slivertone` electric appliances.
"Further search was conducted at the said shop and 200
packs of counterfeit heating elements and twelve counterfeit
fans bearing falsified trade mark of `Silvertone` were
recovered from the shop," police said, adding that one Anil
Kumar has been arrested.
Sriram, the shop owner, is absconding and efforts are on
to apprehend him, they said.
The accused is being taken in police custody remand to
find out their other associates indulging in such illegal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened