Police claims series of blasts across country were interlinked
New Delhi: Delhi police today claimed before
a court here that a series of blasts were carried out at
Jaipur, Ahmedabad and in the national capital in 2008 by
suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists who worked in close
The blasts at Delhi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Varanasi were
handiwork of Indian Mujahideen terrorists. The fact that the
modules were interlinked was revealed in the identical emails
sent to the media houses immediately before each of the
blasts, Rajeev Mohan, public prosecutor told Additional
Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann.
Delhi police`s Special Cell which investigated the
September 13, 2008, serial blasts here started putting forth
the arguments on the charges that are likely to be framed
against the accused.
The prosecutor also read out the mails and claimed that
the contents and the texts in the all the electronic
communications were same, showing that they were sent by the
people having close links.
He also alleged that the blasts were the result of the
conspiracy hatched among the accused persons.
The arguments on behalf of the police remained
inconclusive and would resume on July 13.
The court is hearing arguments on the charges to be framed
against as many as 14 accused arrested so far in the five
cases registered in connection with the serial blasts here.
The proceedings in the matter are conducted through video
conferencing as 11 out of 14 accused are lodged at Sabarmati
Jail in Ahmedabad.
Three accused Mohd Hakim, Sahzad and Salman are at present
lodged at Tihar jail here.
All the accused have been charge sheeted under various
provisions of the IPC, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention)
Act and the Explosive Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users