Police claims series of blasts across country were interlinked
New Delhi: Delhi police today claimed before
a court here that a series of blasts were carried out at
Jaipur, Ahmedabad and in the national capital in 2008 by
suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists who worked in close
The blasts at Delhi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Varanasi were
handiwork of Indian Mujahideen terrorists. The fact that the
modules were interlinked was revealed in the identical emails
sent to the media houses immediately before each of the
blasts, Rajeev Mohan, public prosecutor told Additional
Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann.
Delhi police`s Special Cell which investigated the
September 13, 2008, serial blasts here started putting forth
the arguments on the charges that are likely to be framed
against the accused.
The prosecutor also read out the mails and claimed that
the contents and the texts in the all the electronic
communications were same, showing that they were sent by the
people having close links.
He also alleged that the blasts were the result of the
conspiracy hatched among the accused persons.
The arguments on behalf of the police remained
inconclusive and would resume on July 13.
The court is hearing arguments on the charges to be framed
against as many as 14 accused arrested so far in the five
cases registered in connection with the serial blasts here.
The proceedings in the matter are conducted through video
conferencing as 11 out of 14 accused are lodged at Sabarmati
Jail in Ahmedabad.
Three accused Mohd Hakim, Sahzad and Salman are at present
lodged at Tihar jail here.
All the accused have been charge sheeted under various
provisions of the IPC, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention)
Act and the Explosive Substances Act.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India