Police claims series of blasts across country were interlinked
New Delhi: Delhi police today claimed before
a court here that a series of blasts were carried out at
Jaipur, Ahmedabad and in the national capital in 2008 by
suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists who worked in close
The blasts at Delhi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Varanasi were
handiwork of Indian Mujahideen terrorists. The fact that the
modules were interlinked was revealed in the identical emails
sent to the media houses immediately before each of the
blasts, Rajeev Mohan, public prosecutor told Additional
Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann.
Delhi police`s Special Cell which investigated the
September 13, 2008, serial blasts here started putting forth
the arguments on the charges that are likely to be framed
against the accused.
The prosecutor also read out the mails and claimed that
the contents and the texts in the all the electronic
communications were same, showing that they were sent by the
people having close links.
He also alleged that the blasts were the result of the
conspiracy hatched among the accused persons.
The arguments on behalf of the police remained
inconclusive and would resume on July 13.
The court is hearing arguments on the charges to be framed
against as many as 14 accused arrested so far in the five
cases registered in connection with the serial blasts here.
The proceedings in the matter are conducted through video
conferencing as 11 out of 14 accused are lodged at Sabarmati
Jail in Ahmedabad.
Three accused Mohd Hakim, Sahzad and Salman are at present
lodged at Tihar jail here.
All the accused have been charge sheeted under various
provisions of the IPC, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention)
Act and the Explosive Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India