Police crack down on protesters outside CM’s house
New Delhi: The protests against the gang-rape in a moving bus in Delhi took an ugly turn on Wednesday afternoon after students tried to break barricades and enter Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit’s house here.
To prevent students from moving any further, the Delhi Police used water cannons to disperse the crowd.
Reports said police even resorted to mild lathi-charge outside the Delhi CM’s residence but the same could not be confirmed.
The students were shouting slogans against the CM and were demanding steps to improve security for women in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000