Police crack down on protesters outside CM’s house
New Delhi: The protests against the gang-rape in a moving bus in Delhi took an ugly turn on Wednesday afternoon after students tried to break barricades and enter Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit’s house here.
To prevent students from moving any further, the Delhi Police used water cannons to disperse the crowd.
Reports said police even resorted to mild lathi-charge outside the Delhi CM’s residence but the same could not be confirmed.
The students were shouting slogans against the CM and were demanding steps to improve security for women in the national capital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources