Police crack down on protesters outside CM’s house
New Delhi: The protests against the gang-rape in a moving bus in Delhi took an ugly turn on Wednesday afternoon after students tried to break barricades and enter Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit’s house here.
To prevent students from moving any further, the Delhi Police used water cannons to disperse the crowd.
Reports said police even resorted to mild lathi-charge outside the Delhi CM’s residence but the same could not be confirmed.
The students were shouting slogans against the CM and were demanding steps to improve security for women in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'