Police custody of Ponty Chadha`s men extended till Nov 8
New Delhi: The police custody of liquor baron Ponty Chadha`s two men, arrested for allegedly trespassing into a disputed farmhouse at Bijwasan in South West Delhi, was Wednesday extended by seven days by a court here.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ruchika Singla extended the police custody of Vijay Kumar and Madan Rana till November 28 as police submitted that the two have to be confronted with four others arrested by the Mehrauli police in a similar case.
The duo were produced in the court after expiry of their two days` police custody.
"Keeping in mind the seriousness of the offence and also that the investigation is still at preliminary stage, seven days police custody is granted to the Delhi Police," the court said.
Kumar and Rana, who were working as caretakers at Chadhas farmhouse in Bijwasan, were arrested by the police on November 18 for allegedly restraining the farmhouse occupants wrongfully and threatening them.
The other four men of Ponty Chadha`s camp were also picked up by police on November 20 for their suspected roles in the November 17 morning raid at Chhattarpur farmhouse in South Delhi where Ponty and his younger brother Hardeep were killed in a shootout hours later.
The police had sought seven days of custody for Kumar and Rana saying their other accomplices were still absconding and the three vehicles used in the crime are yet to be recovered.
It added that despite being in police custody, the duo are not co-operating in the investigation.
The police also said they want to arrest three more people, who had come to Bijwasan farmhouse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!