Police extend deadline for loudspeaker use for Puja, Ram Leela
New Delhi: Relaxing norms in view of the
festive season, Delhi Police has extended till midnight the
use of loudspeakers and public address system for organising
Ram Leelas and Durga Puja.
"The use of loudspeakers and public address system is
permitted between 10:00 pm and 12:00 midnight for organising
Ram Leela and Durga Puja. It will remain effective till
October 17," a senior police official said today.
Due to security concerns over Commonwealth Games, police
had earlier denied permission till next Thursday for
installation of joyrides or organisation of carnivals on the
occasion of Ram Leela.
"No permission for mela or food stalls or joy rides will
be given till October 14 when the Commonwealth Games
conclude," the official said.
Though organisers are permitted to cook food for serving
to volunteers or workers, he said, they will not be allowed to
sell it till Thursday. "Permission has been granted only for
water stalls but not for sale of cold drinks," he said.
Installation of joy rides can be started from October
12 so that mechanical inspection and other formalities can be
completed by Thursday. However, licence to make joy rides
operational will be granted on October 15.
"Ram Leela organisers have been requested to increase the
number of volunteers for security purpose," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player