Police foils plan to loot; gram pradhan among 3 held
New Delhi: A gram pradhan of a village in Uttar Pradesh and his two aides were arrested when they were allegedly on way to loot a copper businessman in the national capital.
Manoj Pradhan, the gram pradhan of Devli village in Hapur along with his accomplices Sunil Chaudhary and Surender alias Sri Ram were held by South Delhi police on Tuesday after it received a tip off that the trio was going to target a businessman, owning a copper factory in Sahibabad area of UP.
A loaded pistol, knife, five live cartridges, a stolen motor cycle and three car was seized from their possession, police said.
"We received an information that four persons, equipped with arms, may target a businessman, who had his establishment in Sahibabad area in UP and will be carrying huge cash from his factory to South Delhi.
"Following this, we laid a trap near Baba Gang Nath Mandir at Nelson Mandela Road and the trio was nabbed," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) B S Jaiswal.
During interrogation, it was revealed that the trio had conducted scouting of a copper factory in Sahibabad recently and was planning to rob the owner of factory who normally carries cash to the tune of Rs 45 lakh, police said.
They told police of having targeted two women in separate incidents at Hapur Road and robbed of their jewelry, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!