Police for compliance of night drop instructions
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday again asked
BPOs, corporates and media houses to strictly follow its order
on safe dropping of women employees who work beyond 8 pm.
The order also makes it compulsory for the employers
to ensure that a security guard or a male colleague (regular
employee of the company) is invariably deployed in each cab
carrying women staff during night hours i.e. 8 pm to 7 am.
The order said a security guard must accompany a woman
employee to her residence to ensure her safe arrival if the
office vehicle cannot drop her right outside her house.
The police also asked the employers to hire security
personnel from licensed agencies only and told them to ensure
verification of antecedents of all their employees including
"Ensure that during the night hours the cab involved
in transportation of women employees drops such employees
right at their house and remains halted at the point where a
woman employee has been dropped till she confirms about her
arrival at her residence through a telephone call," said the
The order, which was first issued on December eight in
the wake of the rape of a BPO employee from Mizoram, also
suggested installation of GPS systems in the cabs used in the
transportation of employees, especially of women employees
within two months` time.
In the order, additional DCP of South West district,
Paramaditya also asked the employers to maintain a data base
of all employees, security personnel cab drivers and
contractual workers working with them, for access by the
police as and when required.
He also said that the drivers should choose the route
in such manner that as far as possible a woman employee is not
the first one to be picked up or the last to be dropped.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world