Police for compliance of night drop instructions
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday again asked
BPOs, corporates and media houses to strictly follow its order
on safe dropping of women employees who work beyond 8 pm.
The order also makes it compulsory for the employers
to ensure that a security guard or a male colleague (regular
employee of the company) is invariably deployed in each cab
carrying women staff during night hours i.e. 8 pm to 7 am.
The order said a security guard must accompany a woman
employee to her residence to ensure her safe arrival if the
office vehicle cannot drop her right outside her house.
The police also asked the employers to hire security
personnel from licensed agencies only and told them to ensure
verification of antecedents of all their employees including
"Ensure that during the night hours the cab involved
in transportation of women employees drops such employees
right at their house and remains halted at the point where a
woman employee has been dropped till she confirms about her
arrival at her residence through a telephone call," said the
The order, which was first issued on December eight in
the wake of the rape of a BPO employee from Mizoram, also
suggested installation of GPS systems in the cabs used in the
transportation of employees, especially of women employees
within two months` time.
In the order, additional DCP of South West district,
Paramaditya also asked the employers to maintain a data base
of all employees, security personnel cab drivers and
contractual workers working with them, for access by the
police as and when required.
He also said that the drivers should choose the route
in such manner that as far as possible a woman employee is not
the first one to be picked up or the last to be dropped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing