Police issues sketch of man accused of raping 5-yr-old girl
Gurgaon: Police has issued a sketch of the accused who allegedly abducted and raped a five-year-old girl before dumping her near a Metro station here, and announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for giving clues about his whereabouts.
The sketch has been prepared on the basis of description given by the twelve-year-old boy, said to be the victim`s cousin, who was with her when she was abducted two days ago, SHO, DLF Phase 1 Police Station said.
The girl was found in a semi-conscious state near a pillar at Dronacharya Metro Station. She was rushed to Gurgaon civil hospital where doctors found that her private parts were badly injured, after which they referred her to a Delhi hospital.
"We confirmed the rape and referred the child to Delhi Safdurjung Hospital as Gurgaon civil hospital does not have the facilities for doing plastic surgery on such cases," Dr B K Rajoura of the civil hospital said.
Doctors treating the rape victim at Safdarjung hospital had said the girl was "stable" and "out of danger".
The victim underwent operation for internal injuries.
Gurgaon police lodged an FIR under sections 363 (kidnapping), 366A (Procuration of minor girl) and 376 (rape) and Section 6 of POCSO Act (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) against the unknown person.
"Gurgaon police had put into operation more than 150 police personnel to comb Sikenderpur village and surrounding areas where the incident had happened to trace the accused," Gurgaon Police Commissioner Alok Mittal said.
The boy and the victim had gone to a nearby bhandara (common kitchen) to take `prasad` (food) on Saturday when the accused lured the girl in the guise of providing her large quantity of `prasad`, the boy had told the police.
When the child did not return, the police was informed and they had found her near the Metro station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in