Police issues sketch of man accused of raping 5-yr-old girl
Gurgaon: Police has issued a sketch of the accused who allegedly abducted and raped a five-year-old girl before dumping her near a Metro station here, and announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for giving clues about his whereabouts.
The sketch has been prepared on the basis of description given by the twelve-year-old boy, said to be the victim`s cousin, who was with her when she was abducted two days ago, SHO, DLF Phase 1 Police Station said.
The girl was found in a semi-conscious state near a pillar at Dronacharya Metro Station. She was rushed to Gurgaon civil hospital where doctors found that her private parts were badly injured, after which they referred her to a Delhi hospital.
"We confirmed the rape and referred the child to Delhi Safdurjung Hospital as Gurgaon civil hospital does not have the facilities for doing plastic surgery on such cases," Dr B K Rajoura of the civil hospital said.
Doctors treating the rape victim at Safdarjung hospital had said the girl was "stable" and "out of danger".
The victim underwent operation for internal injuries.
Gurgaon police lodged an FIR under sections 363 (kidnapping), 366A (Procuration of minor girl) and 376 (rape) and Section 6 of POCSO Act (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) against the unknown person.
"Gurgaon police had put into operation more than 150 police personnel to comb Sikenderpur village and surrounding areas where the incident had happened to trace the accused," Gurgaon Police Commissioner Alok Mittal said.
The boy and the victim had gone to a nearby bhandara (common kitchen) to take `prasad` (food) on Saturday when the accused lured the girl in the guise of providing her large quantity of `prasad`, the boy had told the police.
When the child did not return, the police was informed and they had found her near the Metro station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre