Police lob tear gas shells, water cannons at Jat demonstrators
New Delhi: Police today lobbed tear gas
shells and used water cannons to control hundreds of Jat
community members who turned violent during a demonstration demanding reservation in the national capital.
The protesters had converged at the Ramlila Grounds for
the demonstration this evening and were moving forward towards Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s residence to present a
When they were stopped at Asif Ali Marg, a senior police
official said the protesters turned violent forcing police to
lob tear gas shells and use water canons to disperse them.
Some protesters allegedly pelted stones at police.
Police lobbed two teargas shells and used force to
control the mob.
The situation was soon brought under control.
A senior official of Social Justice Ministry came to
the spot and collected the memorandum from the protesters and assured that the government will look into the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference