Police officer succumbs to bullet injury
New Delhi: An assistant sub-inspector of the Delhi police, who was found with a bullet injury in Chankyapuri area, died during treatment on Thursday, police said.
According to the police, Padma Ram (50) was found in a poll of blood by another policeman in the Security Line in Chankyapuri area last evening. Police suspect it to be a case of suicide.
"Ram was taken to Ram Manohar Lohiya hospital where he died late night," said a police officer He had received a bullet injury in his head, the officer added.
During investigation it was found that he shot himself, said a senior police officer, adding that the service revolver has been recovered from the spot.
Cops are trying to establish the reason behind the extreme step as it has not recovered any suicide note from the spot.
Ram is survived by his wife and two sons, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?