Police officer succumbs to bullet injury
New Delhi: An assistant sub-inspector of the Delhi police, who was found with a bullet injury in Chankyapuri area, died during treatment on Thursday, police said.
According to the police, Padma Ram (50) was found in a poll of blood by another policeman in the Security Line in Chankyapuri area last evening. Police suspect it to be a case of suicide.
"Ram was taken to Ram Manohar Lohiya hospital where he died late night," said a police officer He had received a bullet injury in his head, the officer added.
During investigation it was found that he shot himself, said a senior police officer, adding that the service revolver has been recovered from the spot.
Cops are trying to establish the reason behind the extreme step as it has not recovered any suicide note from the spot.
Ram is survived by his wife and two sons, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped