Police officer succumbs to bullet injury
New Delhi: An assistant sub-inspector of the Delhi police, who was found with a bullet injury in Chankyapuri area, died during treatment on Thursday, police said.
According to the police, Padma Ram (50) was found in a poll of blood by another policeman in the Security Line in Chankyapuri area last evening. Police suspect it to be a case of suicide.
"Ram was taken to Ram Manohar Lohiya hospital where he died late night," said a police officer He had received a bullet injury in his head, the officer added.
During investigation it was found that he shot himself, said a senior police officer, adding that the service revolver has been recovered from the spot.
Cops are trying to establish the reason behind the extreme step as it has not recovered any suicide note from the spot.
Ram is survived by his wife and two sons, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'