Police officials to get training to tackle cyber crime
New Delhi: More than 60 senior Delhi Police officials of the ranks between Additional Deputy Commissioner to sub-inspector will get advanced training to tackle cyber crime in the national capital.
The two-day training programme, conducted by HDFC Bank in partnership with Mahindra Special Services Group was inaugurated by Additional Commissioner of Police (North East) V.V. Chaudhary.
The programme will cover various aspects of investigating cyber crime such as how to identify and deal with skimming scams, vishing, phishing, data counterfeiting, SIM duplication and email threats among others.
The officials will be trained in northeast Delhi`s Seemapuri police station, said Chaudhary.
Speaking on the occasion, Vishal Salvi, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), HDFC Bank said that the endeavour of this programme is to partner with law enforcement authorities and equip them with appropriate skill sets to tackle cyber crime economic offences with the help of real-life examples and case studies.
"We would like to thank the Delhi police for extending their support and co-operation in setting up this programme, which is a part of our larger Secure Banking Initiative," he said.
HDFC Bank is conducting this programme as part of Secure Banking Initiative; which is an endeavour to educate and create awareness on security in various banking channels, from ATMs to online across key stakeholders, including law enforcement officers.
Prevention of cyber crime economic offences has become important with the advent of various electronic channels of payment. Offences in the cyber space have taken various forms and therefore it is vital that law enforcement authorities are also equipped to handle such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday