Police questioning some persons for links with `godman`
New Delhi: Police is probing the involvement
of a few people for their alleged links with a self-styled
`godman`, arrested for running a multi-crore sex racket here.
Investigators are busy collecting evidence and
corroborating evidence against 39-year-old Shiv Murti Dwivedi
alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanandji Maharaj ‘Chitrakoot
"We are investigating the role of a few people who were
associated with Dwivedi and helped him running his business.
We have also questioned some. Though we have not apprehended
anyone, we may make some arrest," a senior police official
He said they were corroborating the evidence they
collected against Dwivedi who was arrested last month with
some women, allegedly part of the sex trade he operated.
However, none of the girls have told police that Dwivedi
forced them into prostitution, he said.
The police remand of Dwivedi ends tomorrow and he is
likely to be produced in court.
Police say Dwivedi earned money through real estate,
money lending, prostitution, and by conducting special
An FIR under MCOCA has been registered at Saket Police
station against him.
After his activities were exposed, police found out
Dwivedi had a cave-like structure in a temple in south Delhi`s
Giving details of his rags to riches story, police said
Dwivedi started working as a security guard at a five star
Hotel in Nehru Place and later shifted to a massage parlour in
Lajpat Nagar. He later expanded his business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding